On daily basis, Netgear is releasing latest technology in which new firmware version is one of them to ameliorate the performance of the products and adding new features. Router firmware is stored in the flash memory in order to see the message at the top of the router pages whenever a new firmware is available. It warned to update firmware with the latest technology to add to the Wi-Fi router device.
In this blog, you all will learn something different and easy methods to check firmware and it will update your router exactly very well. Take a note, one thing is necessary to know that to avoid the risk of corrupting the firmware, don’t close the browser, or load a new page and do not turn off the Netgear router while the process is finished.
So if you are one of the users who want to load a specific firmware version or your Netgear router fails to update its firmware automatically.
Follow these instructions to Update Netgear Router Firmware.
- First of all, start on your computer device and then launch a web browser or Wi-Fi device that is connected to the network.
- Launch the web browser and then go to the Netgear router center to download the firmware and save it to the desktop and unzip the file.
- Here on we shall recommend you to use Ethernet cable for connecting your computer device to your router in order to update the firmware.
- Go to the URL and then go to the sign in page of the admin Netgear router and then enter the router’s username and password in the case-sensitive.
- Now select an advanced option and select administration tab and click the firmware update option.
- Press on router button and then choose a file that locates and highlight the saved firmware on your desktop which is required to click open and then select the update tool.
- Let the process began, it may take several minutes, therefore, you have to wait for some time.
Having completed the tasks your router will reboot and showing the status that you have updated the new version of firmware successfully. Hurray! You have done it. Netgear Router’s Firmware is updated now and you can enjoy Netgear Router hassle free.
Don’t forget to hit one of the share buttons to help your friends. Do let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.