Before you do factory reset or soft reset your kindle fire, make sure your Kindle Fire is up to date. Check to see if it’s backing up your account data:
- Swipe down from the top of the Kindle Fire’s screen and tap Settings.
- Tap Device Options, followed by Backup & Restore.
- Toggle the Device Backup option by turning the switch on.
When your Kindle Fire is asleep and connected to Wi-Fi, it will back up your account data to Amazon’s remote servers. You can also start the backup manually by tapping BackUp Now.
How Do I Backup My Photos on My Kindle Fire ?
How Do I Sync Files to Amazon Drive?
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
- Tap Sync and Check For New Items.
Do I have to Register My Kindle Fire with Amazon?
If you’re not an existing Amazon Drive customer, you’ll have to register your Kindle Fire with your Amazon account. Follow these steps to do so:
1. From Home, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
2. Tap My Account. Tap Register.
3. If you already have an Amazon account, enter your Amazon account information, and tap Continue.
4. If you don’t have an Amazon account, tap Start Here and follow the on-screen instructions to set up a new account.
Can You Factory Reset a Kindle Fire
- Press and release the "Power" button to activate your second-generation Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to display the device options, and then tap “More” to display the Settings menu.
- Tap “Device” and select “Reset to Factory Defaults.”
- Tap “Erase Everything,” and then tap “Yes” to confirm. The Kindle fire restarts and restores the factory settings. Wait about five minutes. The tablet will restart and prompt you to connect to a network.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and enter your password. Once the tablet connects to the network, it prompts you to register your Kindle.
- Input the email address and password for your Amazon account and click “Register.”
- Once registered, the Kindle Fire will take you through the new user tutorial. Although the files that were saved on the device are lost, you can still access all content purchased from the Kindle Store or saved in cloud storage.
How Do I Soft Reset my Kindle Fire ?
- Press and hold the "Power" button for a full 20 seconds.
- Release the "Power" button and wait for the charging light next to the button to come on.
- Press the "Power" button again to restart your tablet.