“Ok Google” is the command of voice search to start with. You can search anything on Google only by speaking. But sometimes due to various reasons this command may not work properly on your Android phone. Many Android users complaining about Android “Ok Google” Not Working Properly. This blog going to share the procedure so that you can fix the problem itself and the voice search will work flawlessly.
Solution Steps To Fix The Android “Ok Google” Not Working
- Check Language Settings : Voice search only supports US English and it can’t understand any other language apart from it. So make sure that English (US) is set as the language on your Android phone. It’s better to check the language settings first if Your Android “Ok Google” Not Working. To do that, go to Settings > Language & input.
- Check Accessibility Seetings : The other thing you should do is to disable the apps in the accessibility settings, such as KingRoot, AppLock, etc. Navigate to Settings, scroll down and tap Accessibility. At the top of the screen, you will see those apps. Tap on the app and switch it off.
- Check Microphone Setting : The other reason that can stop the response of “Ok Google” may be the microphone issue. Once you open the Google app, and say “Ok Google” or type on the microphone, you will notice the microphone icon which should look bold, without any dotted lines. If that is not the case, the microphone may be dirty, so you should clean it carefully using a pin.
- Check Language Pack Update : Updated language pack is a very important point in order for this feature to work correctly. Though the language is set to US English but if the language pack is not updated then this feature will not work. You can update the language pack by heading to Voice search Language Settings > Offline Speech Recognition > English (US) > Update Available.
- Check Google App Update: Update Google app. You need to make sure that you have the latest version of Google app. Open Google Play, tap on three horizontal lines to open the menu and tap on “My apps & games”. You will see all the apps there, find Google, and if there is a new version available, tap Update.
- Check Background Apps : If you keep various apps running in the background, this feature might not work properly. If the background apps create noise the microphone gets confused between your voice and the background sound which results in no responses. Close the apps that are running in the background.
- Retain "OK Google" Voice Model : Sometimes, for reasons unknown, Google Assistant doesn't retain the commands you have given it. If all else fails, it might be time to retrain your digital companion. In order to do this, you'll need to open the Google app and then its main menu, then go to Settings > Voice (under Search) > "Ok Google" detection. From there, tap Retrain voice model and say "OK Google" three times, as you did when you initially set it up.
There are few other Searches related to "OK Google" not Working:
Google voice typing is not working
Google voice search is not working
Google voice is not responding on iphone
Why Google Search Not Working on iphone
How to fix if Google Search Not Working on ipad
why is Google search not working on my phone
Google voice search not working
why is Google not working on my phone