Want to have a track your Google Contacts based on their location? You get to know their home, work places saved by them on their Google Maps. Map My Contact is an open-source web app that allows you to track your Google contacts on a world map with their locations. It works on Google Script which can plot location depending on various addresses of your contacts.
he Map My Contact operates on a Google Script which can plot location depending on different addresses of your contacts. You can see all your Google Contacts located at a different location on the maps with the help of Map My Contact. With their location kept on you can determine whether they are travelling. It would be fun to see your Google Contacts located in various parts of the world.
How to Publish Google Map of my Google Contact?
Locating your Google Contacts on the map is effortless. Here’s the list of steps you’ll have to follow.
- Save all your contacts to Google contacts (If you are not using it.)
- Open the Maps Web App and Authorize the Script. from here.
- It’ll also require Google Drive permissions.
- Once it is authorized, your contact list will be processed and the time taken would depend on the size of your contact list.
- After it has successfully fetched the details of your contact, you’ll be able to see a Google Map generated in an HTML page.
After the app fetches the details and stores them on the Google Drive, it would plot the locations of your contact on the Google World Map. It takes time depending on the amount of Google Contacts you have. The more Google Contacts you have, the longer it takes to fetch the data, store them on Drive and plot on the map. Apart from the HTML file, it also creates a KML file in your Google Drive for every contact which can be opened directly from the Google Drive on Google Earth Map.
Is Google Maps Safe?
- You can use this app even if you are not using the Google Contacts as your primary contacts. You can use the export option to get the details and locate your contacts. For instance, if you have contact on Outlook or Yahoo you can export the contacts to a CSV file into the Google Drive and then open the Map My Contact app to fetch the locations. The Map My Contact would take some time to fetch the address and plot them in latitude and longitude in a human-readable format on the map.
- Check out the open source app and locate your contacts today. You can cross check the location with your friend too. It is a straightforward and a safe application to see the location of your Google Contacts.
Track All Your Google Contacts On Google Maps
This tracking is very easy and depends on a cool google chrome extension that will let you to see all the locations of your google contacts on your google maps. You can check out multiple user’s location at once using this. So read out the complete steps below to proceed.
Steps To Track All Your Google Contacts On Google Map :
- First of all you need to have latest version of Google Chrome Browser in your computer.
- After installing the latest version of Google Chrome launch it in your PC and the open the extension Map My Contacts.
- Now click on Add to chrome there and then click on ok in the popup appears and the extension will get added to your chrome.
- Now there click on Visit Website and this extension will require authorization as it tracks out the actual location give it the authorization needed.
- Now you will see all your contacts listed on Google maps according their postal address saved in their google accounts.
- Thats is you are done , all your contact will be in front of you maped on the Google maps.
So above we have discussed about Track All Your Google Contacts On Google Map. With this you can checkout each contacts location and make sure that no one make fool of you with their fake addresses. Also this will be great fun with your friends by checking out their location tracking on Google Maps. Hope you like this cool trick