QuickBooks accounting software helps with the daily bookkeeping and accounting tasks that many business owners do themselves.
How to Undo a Payment From Deposit Fund in Quickbooks
Deposits in QuickBooks can be removed using the Make Deposits window. When removing the deposit, the payment is removed as well if you are using the Undeposited Funds account. If you plan to deposit the funds at a later time, you must also recreate the original payment.
1. Click the "Record Deposits" icon on the QuickBooks homepage, or click the "Banking" menu and select "Make Deposits."
2. Click "Cancel" if the Payments to Deposit window opens.
3. Click "Previous" to move through the transactions until you find the deposit or payment from a deposit that you want to remove.
4. Click the "Edit" menu and select "Delete Deposit" to remove the deposit or payment from deposit.
How To Delete/Remove a Payment From a Deposit Fund in QuickBooks
To remove a payment previously indicated as having been placed on a deposit, take advantage of the tools available in the Make Deposits window in QuickBooks. The Make Deposits window enables you to scroll through all of your deposits and adjust those that are inaccurate or otherwise need updating.
1. Click the "Record Deposits" icon on the QuickBooks home page to load the Make Deposits window.
2. Click "Cancel" to close the Payments To Deposit window if it opens. The Payments To Deposit window will only open automatically if you have it configured in your settings to do so. Skip this step if the window does not appear.
3. Click the "Previous" icon to move through your deposits until you locate the one from which you want to remove the payment.
4. Select the payment you want to delete, click the "Edit" menu and click "Delete Line."
5. Click "OK" or "Yes" to confirm you want to remove the payment.
6. Click "Save & Close" to save your changes and close the Make Deposits window.
How To Delete/Remove a Payment From a Undeposited Fund in QuickBooks
1. View the QuickBooks(QB) home page. Select the "Lists" menu and choose "Chart of Accounts." You can also press the "Ctrl-A" keyboard shortcut.
2. Double-click "Undeposited Funds" to display the register for this type of funds.
3. Select the specific payment that you want to delete. If you don't see it, use the up and down scroll buttons to review the list of transactions.
4. Open the "Edit" menu, and click "Delete Payment." Press "OK" to delete the the entry after the warning box appears.
How to Delete a Duplicate Payment in QuickBooks
If you accidentally enter a payment twice in QuickBooks, you can remove the duplicate payment.
1. Launch QuickBooks(QB).
2. Click to select your company file, then click "Open."
3. Click the "Banking" menu, then click "Make Deposits."
4. Click to select the line containing the duplicate payment you want to delete.
5. Click the "Edit" menu, then click "Delete Line."
6. Click "Save" to save the changes you've made.
7. Click the "Lists" menu, then click "Chart of Accounts."
8. Double-click "Undeposited Funds" to open your bank account register.
9. Click to select the duplicate payment you want to delete.
10. Click "Edit" and "Delete Payment."