Apple’s safari browser offers an integrated pop-up blocker for Mac, iPad, iPhone platforms. Pop-up windows have been an annoyance for the users. Most browser provide a way to vanquish them from appearing. In this tutorial we are explaining a way to block pop-up ads in Apple’s safari web browser.
Block Pop-Ups Ads In Mac OS X:
- Firstly click safari in the browser menu that is located at the top of the screen.
- When the drop down menu appears select preferences to open safari’s general preference dialog box.
- To open the security preference window click on the security tab.
- Select the checkbox next to the option read as block pop-up windows in the web content section.
- If the checkbox is already selected this means that pop-up blocker is currently enabled.
Block Pop-Ups Ads on iPhone, iPad and iPod:
- Turn on your device and open the settings app from the home screen.
- After this you need to scroll down the list then tap on safari option.
- Locate the general section in that new list.
- Now you're required to tap the button to the right to toggle the option called block pop-ups.
- Once it is enabled it will turn green to indicate that safari is blocking pop-ups.
Block Pop-Ups Ads on Windows
You can block pop-ups in Safari for Windows with the CTRL+Shift+K keyboard combo or you can follow these steps to do it:
- Click the gear icon at the top right of Safari.
- In that new menu, click the option called Block Pop-Up Windows.
Another way to enable or disable the pop-up blocker in Safari is through the Preferences > Security > Block pop-up windows option.