Twitter is one of the most popular social networks in existence. Users of the network appreciate its simplicity, convenience, and reliability. But what may come to you as a surprise is that those 313 million users are just a relatively small fraction of the total number of registered users. According to the latest estimations, as much as 1.5 billion users have a Twitter account but don’t actually use it.
How can I Recover My Twitter Username and Password
Twitter offers several different ways how you can recover Twitter account through recovery email id, call on recovery phone number and SMS on recovery phone number. Or in case of suspended account, there is also a change to recover the Twitter account.
How To Recover Forgotten or Lost Twitter Account Password Via Email ID
- First open the twitter sign in page and from the sign in page, choose the ‘Forgot password?’ option.
- Now once next page appears then enter your email address.
- Provide the email address where you want to receive the reset password mail for resetting your password.
- After this open the email which you have provided in the reset procedure and find the reset mail. Find the link for resetting the password.
- Now after this click on the link in the mail to reset the password.
- Once you are redirected to the new reset password page then enter the new password in the password field and then confirm the password in the second field.
Note: Please note that the reset password link available with the reset mail is time sensitive thus if you don’t click on the link in the specified time then the link will no longer be useful after the time.
How To Reset Twitter Account Password Via Phone SMS
- If you have registered your phone number with the twitter account, then you can receive a reset twitter account password code on mobile phone via SMS/text message.
- Now if so then visit twitter and choose ‘Forgot password?’ from log in page then provide your mobile number in the field asking for mobile number, email address, or Twitter username to reset your password.
- Once you enter your phone number in the appropriate field you will receive an SMS/Text message in a few seconds.
- Now you’ll receive a six-digit code from Twitter which remain valid for 15 minutes.
- Once you receive the code then provide the code in the field that appear after sending the code on the twitter page.
- Now after this provide the new password for your twitter account.
Note: User that are enrolled in login verification can only reset password through email.
How to Reset A Lost Twitter Account Password From Mobile Phone
- Launch the twitter application. A log in screen will appear. Now tap on the “Forgot password?”.
- Once you click on Forgot password option then further enter your email, user name, or phone number to get the reset code on phone or mail on email. Enter one of these options to reset your Twitter account password. You can provide the phone number only if you have an associated phone number with your account.
- Choose your method to reset password. Twitter provides two different methods to reset the password, but one is available in case have a phone number which is associated with your account. You can choose any of the method to reset the password but choose to reset the password by phone if you have a phone number that you have already associated with the twitter account. Further, if you haven’t an associated phone number then enter email address.
- If you enter the phone number, then twitter will send a text message to reset the password. For emails check mail and “Updates” section in case of Gmail.
- For phone enter the code to reset the password and for email click on the reset mail then enter new password for resetting the password
How to Recover a Suspended Twitter Account
Twitter says your account is suspended but you don't know how to recover it. Follow the procedure
- Remove all the prohibited tweets and re-tweets.
- File a request or more likely submit a letter to Twitter subjecting "Recovery of Suspended Account" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While submitting the application of account recovery, don't forget to write your username at last. Appearing like this: @username
- After sometime you'll receive an e-mail from Twitter as a reply to the application you submitted. And do as the Twitter asks you to do in email.
When It’s Not Possible to Recover Twitter Account
Twitter gives their users an option to manually deactivate their accounts. After doing so, a 30-day countdown begins. During these 30 days, users are free to reactivate their accounts by simply signing in. However, when this window of opportunity closes, the account is permanently deleted.