While Apple iPhone is used by millions of users spread across multiple countries, the popularity and userbase of the Android-powered smartphones are also huge.
But the appeal of owning an Apple iPhone is powerful enough to sway even the most loyal Android users. If you had been using an Android smartphone but now have shifted your loyalties to iPhone, then don’t worry, you are not alone.
Many users shift from Android to iPhone and vice versa as and when their preferences change. If you have started using your new iPhone but are now not sure how to transfer data from your old Android, then don’t worry. Here is a step by step guide to transfer your contacts and photos from an old Android phone to your new iPhone: -
Import Contacts from an Android phone to Apple iPhone
- Sign into your primary Gmail account. Now, open the settings menu on your old Android Phone (the icon that looks like a Gear).
- Now you must tap on the “Users and Accounts” option.
- Thereafter, select the option “Automatically Sync Data”. This will sync your contacts list with your Gmail account.
- Now, open the settings menu in your new iPhone.
- Now, you must select the option “Accounts and Passwords”.
- Here you need to add your Gmail Account (in which the contacts were synced)
- In the contacts menu, enable the option to list contacts for the newly added Gmail account.
- Now you should be able to access all your existing contacts on your new iPhone.
Import Photos from an Android phone to Apple iPhone
- Start your Desktop/Laptop. Connect your new iPhone and old Android Phone with the computer using the USB cable and install the necessary drivers on your Windows PC.
- Now open “My Computer” on the system. Click on the icon for your old Android Phone. Here you will be able to see a folder named “DCIM”.
- All your photos are saved in this folder by default. Select and copy all the pictures that you want to transfer to your new iPhone.
- Now go back to the My Computer Window and click on the iPhone icon.
- Now open the default storage folder using windows explorer and then paste the photos in the folder.
- Disconnect the iPhone from your PC and open the images folder. You should be able to see all your old photos in your new iPhone now.
It is a straightforward process to transfer or import your existing contacts and photos from your old Android device to your new iPhone to enjoy a seamless user experience.