Google Search Engine is the dominating search engine and offers exclusive features to the uses including accurate data. However, some users failed to get the relevant result on Google Search using Chrome browser. ‘Google search not working’ is a common issue and mostly happens and due to the same, you may get proxy server error or connection timed out error.
To fix such kind of issue, you will have to perform multiple tasks and for your solace, the detailed steps are listed below which will help you for the effective approach.
Is Google Search not responding? Here are the troubleshooting steps
All other search engines work, all websites will open but only Google.com and its related web pages will not load. You will also notice a message “check the proxy and the firewall” & “err_connection_timed_out”. Let us start with the methods to fix the problem on your Google search for Computer
Clear browsing data of the browser
Though it is a temporary fix but you can surely give it a try. You simply need to delete your search history and browsing history.
- Open Menu. (Click on 3 dots on right top)
- Click on History.
- Now click on Clear browsing data.
- Right tick all the boxes and simply Clear browsing data.
Now after that, you need to perform some advanced data clearing.
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll down click on Show advanced settings.
- Under “Privacy”, click on Clear browsing data.
- Checkmarks the following four boxes:
- Clear browsing history
- Clear downloaded history
- Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data
- Empty the cache
Restore Your Firewall Setting
Sometimes, Firewall blocks the Google search, You need to reset your Firewall to default, this actually may be a permanent fix as some of the inbound or outbound rules of the firefox may block the search engine to load in your browser.
- Click on Start and type Control Panel in the search bar and hit Enter.
- In the page of Control Panel, look down for Windows Firewall.
- After reaching the Firewall page, you will find an option ‘Restore defaults’, click on it.
- Restart your computer after finishing the process.
However, if you are Google Chrome user and getting an issue ‘Google search not working in Chrome’ then don’t worry; just clear the cookies and caches of the browser. Make sure that you are using the latest version of the Google Chrome because the bugs prevent the smooth performance of the Google and they lie mostly in the older version and the latest version are free from the bugs.
Google search engine works on every platform and if you are an Android user failed to open Google search on Android, then make sure you are running with a severe issue and it should be fixed immediately.
Is Google Search not working on Android? Get an effective solution
Some of the error messages that you may receive are “Unfortunately Google Search has stopped working” and “The request was not performed because there was no connectivity”. Sometimes, you may type in your search and get no response at all. An alternative that Android phones provide is pressing and holding the Home button to access the Google Search widget. However, if this does not work, you may have to change some of your settings in order to get things working. Here are a few steps that you can try out in order to fix the issue.
Step 1: Reboot your Android device
Rebooting tends to solve a lot of issues on Android phones. Sometimes, your device accumulates data packets and cache data that inhibits the smooth running of apps.
- Press the left soft key on your phone
- Close all your apps
- Hold the Power Button to restart your phone
- Try using your Google Search widget to see whether the problem is fixed
Step 2: Update your Google App
- Make an update to the latest version of your Google App by visiting Play Store
- Try your search after the update to see whether the widget now functions properly
Step 3: Enable Google App in your settings
- Go to your settings
- Scroll down to Applications
- Click Application Manager
- Scroll across to the “All” tab and go down till you reach the Google app. Click on it.
- If it reads “DISABLED” on the option shown below, click on it to re-enable the Google App.
- Try making a search on the Google Search widget to see whether the issue has been fixed.
Step 4: Uninstall updates on Google App
- Go to your settings
- Click onto Applications>Application Manager
- Go to the “All” tab and scroll down to Google Search
- Click UNINSTALL UPDATES
- Try working your Google Search widget to see whether it functions.
Step 5: Clear Google App cache
- Go to your settings
- Click onto Applications>Application Manager>All
- Select Google App
- Under “Cache” click “CLEAR CACHE”
- Try making your search on your Google widget to see whether it now works.
Step 6: Restart your Google App
- Go to settings
- Click onto Application>Application Manager>All
- Scroll down the list till you find Google Search
- Click FORCE STOP then Ok.
- Now try making searches on your Google widget to see whether any results will come up.
Some users may find out that Google Search is not listed among other apps in the application manager. If this is the case, delete Google and re-install it. This may just do the trick. Make sure that your internet connection is okay when trying out these steps. If nothing works, you can always access the Google search engine using your preferred web browser.
Apply these changes and thereafter Google search will work smoothly. Also, ensure that your Google Search is updated and you can verify the same from the Google Play Store. If all fails, then reset your device.
Google Search result link not working is one of the issues due to which many users get annoyed amid fixing. Well, the solution is simple, first of all, apply all the above-said methods which have been explained earlier and also ensure that you are using the correct links, sometimes broken links also appear in the web pages and Google Search does not respond to the broken links.
Google Searches related to "Google Search not working"
- google search not working android
- google search not working in chrome
- google search not working in internet explorer
- google chrome search bar not working 2016
- google search results won't load
- google won't display search results
- google chrome address bar search not working
- google app not working android