Error code 491 is one of the most often encountered issues Android users facing on Google Play Store. Usually the error takes place while one is downloading an application or a game from Google Play. Obviously, it is very annoying to find out a problem when you are ready to work with a wanted app or have fun getting a new game. Fortunately, this error can be easily fixed.
6 Ways To Fix Android Error Code 491 In Google Play Store
There are a few ways to solve the error. However to get rid of the issue one may need to combine several methods. Below we indicated four solutions in the order in which one should try them if the previous one did not work.
Method 1: Reboot your phone.
One of the common way to fix Error 491 is to reboot an Android device. This method works in most cases. However if it failed, please scroll down and proceed to the next method.
Method 2: Clear Google Play Store and Google Play Services Caches.
Another widespread way to fix Error code 491 is to clear Google Play Store and Google Play Services caches. To clear caches of both Google Play Store and Google Play Services follow the steps.
- Go to Settings-> Application Manager- > Google Play Store (one has to repeat the same steps while clearing Google Play Services cache);
- Tap “Force stop”;
- Tap “Clear cache and data”;
- Reboot your phone and hopefully Error 491 in Android device is fixed.
Error 491 still persist? Don't worry follow the next method to fix error.
Method 3: Remove and re-add your Google account.
The third of common ways to solve Error 491 is to remove Google account, restart your phone, and then re-add your Google account. This method should work for as well as other users. Follow the steps below to remove your Google account on your device.
- Go to Settings->Accounts-> find and tap “Google” option. Remove Gmail account;
- Reboot your phone;
- Go to Settings->Accounts, then re-add the same Google account.
After all steps done, open Google Play, select your Gmail account. Now you can download any game or app from Google Play without any problems.
Method 4: Clear Dalvik Cache.
You should employ this method as a last resort if all the above ones failed to work for you. This method can only be used if you have installed a custom recovery by a third-party packages on your device (like ClockworkMod). To clear the Dalvik Cache of your Android follow the steps below.
- Reboot into recovery mode;
- Go to Advanced Wipe mode and wipe Dalvik cache;
- Reboot your device again;
- Re-run Google Play Store and update or install your app.
Note: The Google Play Error 491 can also be caused due to the interference of third party android applications, for example Clean Master. So, to avoid this issue do not clear Google Play Store and Google Play Services Caches while using Clean Master.
Method 5: Delete APN with Proxy/Port Set
If you have set up proxy/port in a APN, deleting the APN could help to stop the error 491.
- Go to Settings > Network Connection > > More networks > Mobile networks;
- Click Access Point Names;
- Tap the access points and check if they have proxy/port set;
- If the proxy/port is set, delete the APN.
Method 6: Factory Reset Android Device
If the above methods fail to fix the error 491, this is the last method you can try. The factory resetting your Android phone/tablet. The reset will delete all data and settings on your device, therefore, it is important to make a full backup of your device before the reset.
- Backup your phone/tablet;
- Go to Settings > Backup & Reset;
- Tap Factory data reset.
I hope that the information in this blog is useful to you but in any case you free to contact Google play store support desk at 1855-925-7088/ 1888-588-7141. If you find the information help you to fix your 491 error code in android, share this post with your friends.
- How to Fix Download Pending Status on Play Store
- How to Repair Device is not certified by Google in Play Store
- How to Solve Error 924
- How to repair error code 505 in Android