Play Store showing download pending when you try to download apps from Play Store? Well, this could be because of a recent change in the way Play Store handles downloads OR maybe it’s just that your Play Store is stuck. But no need to freak out! We have the solutions to repair it.
Recently, Google updated Play Store Services to download only one app at a time, not multiple apps like before. So if you are trying to download a multiple application then it shows the download pending message on a screen. Because there are already one app is downloading and if you download another app then it stores in a stack with download pending. And when the first app is successfully installed in your android device then the second app has started a download.
If you are facing this error when you download the only one app then you need to follow the below step by step process to fix it. Sometimes this type of error occurs due to slow internet connection. Because when you are connected to slow internet connection then play store not able to download the app to your Android device. So make sure that you are connected to high-speed internet connection like 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi.
Methods To Fix Download Pending On Play Store
In this article, I will explain the all ways to fix this "Download Pending" On Google play store. Fixing of this issue could be very easy with these methods. Stick to the solution untill you find the issue. If first 5 solution won't help you out, then last one will definitely wordk for you.
Methods 1: Clear Play Store download queue
- Open Play Store app.
- Swipe-in from the right edge of the screen, and select My apps & games.
- Here you’ll see all apps that are currently downloading on your phone. To cancel an app from downloading, select it and touch the X (cross icon) near the download progress bar to cancel download for the app.
- You can do this for all apps to clear the download queue.
If the issue persists even after clearing the download queue, then keeps reading to get next method to fx this Pending Issue in Google Play Store.
Methods 2: Clear Play Store app data
- Go to device Settings » Apps.
- Select Google Play Store from the list of apps installed on your device.
- If you can’t find Google Play Store on apps list. Look for the “Show system” apps option under the three-dot menu.
- Once on Google Play Store app info page, select Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- If you’re on Marshmallow or higher Android versions, select Storage, and then clear cache and data from there.
Methods 3: Force Stop Google Play Store app
First, you need to clear data of the play store. For clear the data in your android device of play store follow the below steps.
- The first step is open your setting app on your Android device.
- Open the application option and go to the manage application.
- Here you will find the complete list of android apps are installed on your Android device.
- Now find the google play store app in this list and open by a tap on it.
- After open, you will see the option like force close and clear data option.
- First, click on force stop button to stop the app if it is running on background.
- After force, stop click on clear data option to clear the all the data from the app. And you will get the fresh app on your device.
- Now open the app store and sign in with your email id and password.
- That’s it download your favorite app or games and enjoy.
Methods 4: Uninstall Play Store Updates
If your android device os version is low and you update the play store to the latest version then it’s harm full for your Android device. So you need to downgrade the play store version. For downgrade the play store version you need to follow the below steps.
- First, open the setting app on your Android device.
- Now go to apps option and here you will see the list of installed app on your device.
- Find the google play store app and open by click on it.
- Here you will see the option like uninstall the update.
- Just click on uninstall updates button and your google app store is now working fine.
Methods 5: Reset Google Account
After trying above methods then try to remove your google account and add other Gmail account. For reset your google account follow the below steps.
- First, the open setting app in your device.
- Now go to the account option and click on google.
- Here you will see your current google account just remove this account.
- After remove add another account.
- Now open the app and try to download apps.
Methods 6: Factory Reset Your Android Device
At last only one option is available for you is factory reset your android device. After factory reset your android device the google play store is 100% working without any errors.
After data delete you will not able to recover the data. So make sure first remove this and then follow the below steps.
- First, open the setting app in your device.
- Now click on backup and reset option.
- After that click on reset device to clean all the data from your Android device.
I hope, now you able fix google play store download pending error with the help of above methods. If you are still facing this error then feel free to contact at Google Play store support number 1855-925-7088/ 1888-588-7141.
Google Searches related to "Download pending in play store":
- download pending means
- play store downloading problem
- play store stuck on downloading apps
- why my playstore is showing download pending?
- why is the play store not downloading apps?