Do you encounter unknown error occurred 54 in iTunes when you try to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes as the same pop-up message below?
"The iTunes Library file [iPhone] cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-54)."
iTunes usually occurs annoying errors when we want to sync, restore or do a backup for our iPhone/iPad, which are really irritating to stop our operations to finish the matter in our hands. One of the most famous notorious iTunes errors is iTunes sync error 54, which will happen when syncing music or pictures on iOS device with iTunes. How to fix iTunes sync error 54 for iPhone/iPad/iPod? No worries. This blog will elaborate all posiible ways to you to fix iTunes sync error 54.
When & Why iTunes Error 54 Appears
iTunes error 54 appears when the users try to sync their iPhone, iPod or iPad with the help of iTunes. There comes a notification that says: the iPhone cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-54). The reason behind this hitch is perhaps the files that the computer or iOS device contains are locked or modified and inaccessible. Also, it also happens when there's no newest iTunes version. Besides, it offer happens when you just updated to Windows 10. There may be the error caused by permission issue. The computer doesn't allow you to modify the data.
Update iTunes and iOS to the Latest Version
As discussed above, if iTunes is not of the latest version, the error 54 can occur. Thus, when the iTunes error 54 appears, the primary thing is to make sure that the device and the iTunes have the recent version. Check for the latest update, and update the iTunes and the device to the latest version.
Here is how to update iTunes:
- Open iTunes on your computer and click the button Help on the top menu, then tap on Check for Updates.
- Here is how to update iOS:
- Go to Setting App>General>Software Update, then you will find the latest iOS for your device and you can click Install Now to update it.
Test What Content Causes the iTunes Error 54
The further step to be taken is the examination of the content that is causing iTunes error 54. To determine this, these things should be done.
- Firstly, try syncing content in little quantities. Add little by little and this way will let you discover what content causes the issue.
- Secondly, check if the issue is occurring with iTunes store's content. If so, remove the content and re-download it. If iTunes store's content is not the issue, there's a need to delete and re-import the content from the primary source. For example, if it is a song causes the problem, you need delete it and re-import it from CD.
- Sometimes, issue also emerges when people attempt transferring iTunes purchases to the computer from iOS. Also, the PDF files that might be in iBooks app or the device can be the reason of the problem. Therefore, first transfer those PDF files to your email address (to save them) and remove it from the device to solve the issue.
Run iTunes with Administrator Access
This can fix the iTunes error 54 issue since updating of a file or folder needs permission sometimes and perhaps iTunes is not having the Administrator access. And this could be the reason of error 54. Therefore, running iTunes with Administrator access may end the iTunes error 54 problem. For this, follow the steps below:
- First of all, make sure that you have logged into Windows as an administrator.
- Right click iTunes icon. Go to "Properties" and after that "Compatibility" tab.
- Select "Run the program as an administrator" just below the Settings sub-menu.
Run iTunes in Compatibility Mode
Here is the next fix to get over the iTunes error 54 issue. To run iTunes in the compatibility mode, here are the steps:
- Go to iTunes icon and right click on it.
- Click Compatibility tab and beneath the Compatibility Mode, click "Run this program in compatibility mode for:".
- After that choose "Windows 7" and hit "OK" and test iTunes again to see if the problem ends.
How to Completely Fix iTunes Error 54 in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
If the aforementioned solutions are not working for you to solve the iPhone error, please follow the step-to-step guides to remove your trouble.
- Open Windows Explorer and then Music folder.
- Right click on your iTunes folder and select "Properties".
- In the pop-up window about Properties, you should uncheck the Read Only option under Attributes and click "OK" to confirm the changes.
- Then there will be a pop-up window for you, where you should choose "Apply changes to this folder, subfolder and files" and click on "OK".
- If the 5 steps are still not successful to help you to fix iTunes error 54 in Windows 7,8,10, please continue to make sure you have already had full control on the iTunes folder:
- Right-click on the iTunes folder again > properties > security and click edit > full control > click apply.
If you still have some other questions about iTunes issues such as iTunes error 9003, iTunes error 3194, you can Fix iTunes Errors with the help of ITFIxTech. Or you may call on iTunes support phone number 1855-925-7088, 1888-828-6821 or there are many other support number you found on internet.
Also Read : iTunes Keeps Freezing or Crashing