When you first configure the Google app, you can add Home or Work locations so that you get better contextual feedback on driving distances, traffic and so on. But, what if you move or change jobs? You need to update your personal information so that Google can adjust itself accordingly.
In this blog, we will explain the procedure to add your places on Google maps and how to keep locations updated on your Android and iPhone device. Lets start.
Mobile User: How to Add Places to Google Maps
- Open Google Maps. Tap the Google Maps app icon, which resembles a location pin on a map. Doing so will open the map view. (Note: Google maps account must be login.)
- Tap on the upper-left corner of the screen. A pop-out menu will appear.
- Tap "Add a Missing Place" near the bottom of the menu. Doing so takes you to the "Add a place" page.
- Tap the "Name" text field near the top of the screen, then type in the name of the location. You'll need to spell the place's name exactly as you want it to appear.
- Tap the "Address" text field, then type in the street address of the place. Make sure you include the city, state, and ZIP code if necessary.
- Tap the "Category" text field, then tap a category that correlates with the place. Read Also: Unknown features of Google Maps
- In the top-right corner of the screen, tap "Send". Doing so will submit your request to Google. You should receive an email regarding whether or not your submission was accepted within two weeks.
Desktp User: How to Add Places to Google Maps
- Open Google Maps. Go to https://www.google.com/maps in your browser. If you're signed into Google Maps, you can add a place from this website.
- Click on the top-left corner of the page. A menu will pop out from the left side of the window.
- Click the link near the bottom of the pop-out menu. Clicking it brings up an "Add a place" window in the upper-left side of the page.
- Click the "Name" text field at the top of the "Add a place" window, then type in the name of the place that you want to add.
- In the "Address" text field, type in the place's street address. This should include city, state, and ZIP code if applicable.
- Click the "Category" text field, then click a category of your location (e.g., Restaurant) in the drop-down menu.
- There is a blue button in the bottom-right corner of the "Add a place" window. Also Read: Find And Track My Contacts on Google Maps
- one should receive an email confirming whether or not your place was added within a couple of weeks.
How to Change Your Home on Google Maps on Android
- Open Google Maps on your Android. It’s the multicolored map icon labeled “Maps” in the app drawer. You may also find it on the home screen.
- At the top-left corner of the screen, tap on "Setting".
- At the top of the menu, tap "Places". A list of your labeled places will appear.
- Tap next to “Home”. Tap Edit home.
- Enter your home address. Tap the box at the top of the screen to start typing, then tap the correct address when it appears.
- To select a location from the map instead, tap Choose on map, then tap your home location
- At the top-right corner of the screen, tap "Save". Your home address is now up-to-date in Google Maps on all of your devices.
How to Change Your Home on Google Maps on iPhone or iPad
- Open Google Maps. It is the app that resembles a red marker on a green map with a "G" in the corner.
- Download the Google Maps app from the App Store and sign in with your Google account if you haven't done so already.
- Tap to the icon with the three lines in the top-left corner.
- Tap next to the icon of a location marker to "your Places". Read Also: How to use Google Maps Street View
- Tap Three dots next to the "Home" label in the "Labeled" tab next to "Home".
- Tap Edit Home. Type your new address in the search bar. As you type, a list of matching addresses will appear below the search bar.
- Tap the correct matching address below. When you see the matching address appear below the search field, tap it to select it. This updates your home address with the new address.
For Instant Support user may call on customer service team at 1855-925-7088/ 1888-588-7141 (toll free)
Searches Related To "Add or Change My Place on Google Maps":
- how to add location in google map android
- add my place in google map
- add missing address on google maps
- add new home address to google maps
- how do i save a location on google maps?
- how to change home location on google maps android
- how to update incorrect information on google
- how to change home on iphone maps
- how to add location in google map android